This Brazilian cacao has so many flavour profiles that they couldn’t resist to turn it into a generous and multilayered mouth experience. As soon as it starts to melt you’ll discover fresh hints of cherries, orange and deep black chocolate flavours that remind you of the renowned Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte. When you take your time the chocolate continuous to deliver more complexity and yields flavours of flowers, coffee, wood and some maple syrup in the background. All tightly knit together by a slightly rugged texture.
Heinde & Verre means “near and far”. The locally sourced Dutch beet sugar allows the organic Brazilian cacao to be fully appreciated. This bean is cultivated by the Coopoam farmer cooperative in the Pará Amazon region. All Heinde & Verre bars are locally crafted in Rotterdam by using slow food techniques and traditional Dutch roasting profiles.
- Dark chocolate, 71% Cacao
- Cacao origin: Brazil, Pará, Amazon region
- Farmer cooperative: Coopoam
- Beet sugar from The Netherlands
Each box contains 2 bars of 30 grams each.
What makes the chocolate of Heinde & Verre so special:
- No artificial flavours, colouring and preservatives
- No alkaline agents or other chemicals used. The result is a higher content of antioxidants that remain in the chocolate.
- Made from whole beans, not from semi-finished products.
- Each cocoa bean is selected by hand and each cocoa bean has its own fire profile.
- Slow food techniques; the art of slow grinding and maturing.